Summary of the research lines
The research in the lab is focused on lipid second messengers, gasotransmitter and ion channels as intermediaries in signal transduction processes, among others. We have two main experimental systems to study these processes:
- Plant - pathogen interaction: This line studies the role of the different isoenzymes of phospholipases C in the perception of pathogens and the induction of defense responses, in order to contribute to a deeper knowledge of the mechanisms of resistance / susceptibility of plants; and
- the regulation of the stomatal movement in which we study the role of hydrogen sulfide (H2S) as a signal molecule. This is a low molecular weight gas belonging to the group of gasotransmitters. This line focuses the role of H2S in the signaling networks that commands stomatal behavior in response to different stimuli, and on the regulation of ion channels.
- Agencia Nacional de Promoción Científica y Tecnológica (ANPCyT)
- Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET)
- Universidad Nacional del Mar del Plata (UNMdP)
Ana M. Laxalt
Denise is studying the role of hydrogen sulfide (H2S) in the regulation of stomatal closure in response to pathogens.
+54 223 4753030 int 18
Andrés Arruebarrena Di Palma
Andrés is interested in the signaling pathways involving nitrolipids in different physiological responses in plants. In the role of nitrolipids and other electrophiles, in Azospirillum-plant interaction. He also has a strong interest technology , participating in specialized service regional emerging field of hop production.
+54 223 4753030
Gabriela is interested in understanding the role of phospholipase C in plant biotic response.
Rosario is interested in the role of mitochondrial hydrogen sulfide (H2S) in stomatal movement modulation.